Theresa Harrison, Treasurer
333 W. Locust Street
P.O. Box 878
Covington, VA 24426
Dog Tags: All dogs, four months or older, must have City dog tag. These are sold all year in the Treasurer's Office. You Must provide proof of your dog's rabies vaccination.
State and Estimated Income Tax:
May be filed with the Commissioner of the Revenue. Payments are made to the Treasurer.
- http://www.officialpayments.com (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express)
- Information Needed to pay is located on the bill.
- This excludes Water Bills
- Select make a payment under local payments and enter jurisdiction code 6218.
- Personal Property: Account ID (9 digits)
- Real Estate: Property ID (13 digits)
- A convenience fee of 3% will apply.
In Office Payments:
- Payments are accepted by check, money order, cash, or debit/credit card (Visa, MasterCard, and Discover with a 3% convenience fee.
- Payments are accepted by check or money order with the account number, PLEASE NO CASH PAYMENTS. Payments will be posted the next business day.
Water Bill Payments:
- Can be made over the phone, in Dropbox, in person, or by bill pay through your financial institution.
- Through your financial institution (please allow a sufficient amount of time to ensure your payment is received by the due date.
- ACH is provided either on the 8th or 18th of the month through a form provided by City Hall and located below. (These must be returned to the Treasurer's Office)